Criminal Defense Lawyer - Walterboro, SC
Charged With a Crime in SC?
You cannot afford to make a mistake when you are dealing with the criminal justice system. From traffic tickets to DUI to drug offenses, if you have had dealings with South Carolina police, you should talk to a lawyer as soon as possible.
At Hetrick, Harvin & Bonds, our attorneys can give you the aggressive criminal defense advocacy you need. Our firm has more than 25 years of experience handling criminal law issues. That experience means we know what you are up against, and who. We can answer your questions, gather evidence and find the weak points in the case against you. The state must prove that you are guilty. Our experience helps to make that a difficult proposition.
Understanding the Odds
No two cases are exactly alike. Two cases can involve the same charges and basically the same evidence and turn out very differently. It takes years of training and experience to understand the nuances and complexities of criminal trials. An inexperienced attorney can miss something that makes the difference between time spent in jail and going home with a clean record. The impact that will have on your life going forward cannot be understated.
Fighting criminal charges is not like any fight you’ve ever been in. Prosecutors have tricks and tactics designed to make it seem like a conviction is the only possible result. Sometimes it feels like all the rules are set up to keep you down. You need a trained criminal defense lawyer to give you the advice you need to make the right decisions.
Our firm offers strategic advocacy. What that means is that we know how to attack the case against you to give you the best chance of a successful result. In some cases, that means we negotiate lesser plea. In other cases, it means we recommend going to trial to decide the matter. Every choice is made after careful consideration and lots of hard work. We are skilled in challenging the evidence against you in ways that make your defense stronger.
Our firm has handled countless criminal offenses, including:
- Assault crimes, including domestic violence (CDV), assault with a deadly weapon and sexual assault
- Drug offenses on I-95, including possession and distribution of marijuana, cocaine, methamphetamines and ecstasy
- Drunk driving (DUI) offenses, including driving while under the influence of drugs and felony DUI
- Juvenile crimes, including shoplifting, underage drinking and possession of an illegal substance
- Property crimes, including robbery, arson and theft
- Violent crimes, including rape, attempted murder, manslaughter and murder
- White collar crimes, including embezzlement, identity theft and fraud
If you are facing any criminal issue, from speeding tickets to the most serious charges, we have the skills, resources and experience to find the right solution for you.
Contact us online or call 843-549-6432 to schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys.